Individually demonstrating multiple powered speakers and Subwoofers
The new i-Switch SUB is a unique precision piece of test equipment, being able to individually send a choice of two program sources to 10 pairs of powered loudspeakers and a choice of 4 Subs, making it ideal for batch testing or demonstrating.
A front panel MUTE ALL switch and associated flashing LED allows you to mute everything when you need to answer questions or discuss comparisons and results without losing your level settings. The time constants for Muting allow the signal to Mute over a 0.5 sec window, and un-Mute over a 1.5 sec period. This helps provide accurate level restoration without sudden ON/OFF level changes or damaging transients.
The Dual program source inputs allow you to put, for example, program material into Channel A, and Pink Noise or a sine wave into Channel B. Select either Input A or B and just toggle between the two. Interlocking switches prevent more than one Input being selected at a time.
Interlocking switches also prevent more than one Output pair being selected at a time, so that each Output pair can be stepped through by pressing the subsequent switch. Status LEDs show which output is currently active. Four different SUBs can also be selected and compared with each powered loudspeaker.
All Inputs and Outputs are electronically balanced on Tip-Ring-Sleeve jack connectors, and Loop outputs allow the Input signals to be looped to additional i-Switch SUB units, for larger testing arrays to be set up.
Superb Audio Quality
The iSwitch’s ultra low noise figures come from extensive use of premium components, plus care and attention to board design and layout. The result is superb, transparent audio quality and the headroom to accurately reproduce the most demanding input signal.
A, B and Sub Input Gains are adjustable from Off through to +6 dB via level controls on the front panel. LED status indicators show which Input is currently active.
The unique ARX i-Switch SUB provides a truly innovative solution to testing multiple powered speaker systems.
Every day, ARX Audio interface products solve audio problems for thousands of people around the world.
Audio is all we do...and we do it well.
- Gain Off to +6dB
- Input A and B Impedance 40 KOhm
- Input Headroom +21dB
- Outputs 1–10 and SUB Outputs 1–4 Impedance 100 Ohm
- Output Level (Max) +26dB
- Global Mute ALL switch on front panel
- Frequency Response 10Hz – 20KHz ±0.25 dB
- Signal to Noise ratio –96dB Unweighted, –102dB ‘A’ weighted, all outputs
- Distortion @ Unity Gain .0025% THD, 0dB @ 1 KHz
- Dynamic Range 122 dB
- Input Connectors Balanced Tip-Ring-Sleeve jack, wired Tip +, Ring –, Sleeve Audio Earth/Ground
- Output Connectors Balanced Tip-Ring-Sleeve jack, wired Tip +, Ring –, Sleeve Audio Earth/Ground
- Status Indicators Input A or B LEDs, Outputs 1–10 LEDs, SUB Outputs 1–4 LEDs, Flashing Mute ALL LED
- Power Requirements 100-120 or 220-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 8VA (8 watts) on 3 pin IEC connector
- Weight 5 lbs/2.2 Kg
- Dimensions 19"W x 1¾"H x 6"D, 482 x 44 x 155mm