The Duesenberg Sound
The Starplayer TTheV guitar has a unique sound that you can't
really get from another electric guitar. This can be attributed to
its acoustic-inspired tonewoods, featuring a laminated Spruce top with
laminated Flamed Maple back and sides. This combination of materials not
only allows the Duesenberg Starplayer TV to sound open and
vibrant when unplugged, but it also gives you a unique tone that
works wonderfully with any clean or crunchy amp settings.
The body is paired with a 1-piece Maple neck, set into
the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. The Maple adds some bright top-end
snap that gives notes a clearer and more immediate response, while the
neck profile will suit both contemporary and traditional players alike.
Finishing off the wood choices, you have an Indian Rosewood fingerboard that
feels super-silky under the fingers.
If you have ever played a vintage guitar with a
tremolo, it's likely that you would have encountered some serious tuning
issues. That's why Duesenberg has sought to provide players with a charming,
vintage-esque guitar that has a few modern perks.
The Starplayer TV most notably features
Duesenberg's ultra-smooth Deluxe Tremola. This elegant system is very
Bigsby-like, and allows you to change strings far more easily.
The Z-Tuners are also very tasteful; keeping your tuning rock solid
while also easing the string-changing process.
Iconic Duesenberg Pickups
Most Duesenbergs come equipped with
a custom humbucker in the bridge position and a P90 in the
neck. The Starplayer TV is no exception. These award-winning pickups are
synonymous with blues, rock and country; regarded for their clarity
and precision. The GrandVintage humbucker and Domino P90 make for a perfect
pairing, versatile enough for the aforementioned genres and more.
- Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: Laminated spruce
- Back, sides: Laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18.11" x 13.38"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Binding: Cream
- Finish: Polyester
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42.5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95"
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Cream dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2.8 x 1.0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Black veneer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard (Straplock compatible)
- Hardware finish: Nickel
Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg GrandVintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector