The amp that first lanched the EVH line, the 5150III® 100-Watt Head is ideal for almost any playing style you can think of. From rich clean tones to raw rhythms and soaring high gain leads, it does it all at drummer-beating volume.
This is the Holy Grail of Tone that Eddie Van Halen has chased his whole life — a truly clean channel, a super-heavy crunch channel and an off-the-scale overdrive channel you simply won't believe. Each of the three channels has gain, low, mid, high, volume and presence controls, as well as a global resonance knob.
Under the hood, this amp features eight JJ ECC83S (12AX7) preamp tubes and four JJ 6L6 matched power tubes.
Sporting unmistakable EVH style, this head is wrapped in a thick textured black or ivory vinyl with black steel grille and white front control panel.
A four-botton footswitch is included, while a high-quality fitted cover is available as an optional accessory item.
• Control Knobs: Chicken-Head Style Pointer - White
• Included Accessories: 5-Foot Speaker Cable
• Amplifier Type: Tube
• Inputs: One - 1/4"
• Rectifier: Solid State
• Cabinet Material: White Birch
• Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps (1 Top & 2 Sides)
• Total Impedance:
• Power Tubes: 4 x JJ 6L6
• Preamp Tubes: 8 x JJ ECC83S (12AX7)
• Footswitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
• Recommended Cover SKU: Optional P/N 0073406000
• Channels: Three - (Clean, Crunch and Lead)
• Effects Loop: 1/4" (Send/Return)
• Speaker Jack: Two - 1/4" Parallel
• Controls: Gain, Low, Mid, High, Volume, Channel Select, and Presence for Each Channel; Also Global Resonance