Vocalist, guitarist and songwriter for California trio Tiger Army (celebrating a quarter century in 2021) Nick 13 writes songs that seamlessly blend his eclectic influences — from the twang and slap of early rock ‘n’ roll and hillbilly country, to the dramatics of dark, Orbison-esque ballads or the raw energy of first wave ‘70s punk. Whether at the helm of Tiger Army or with his Americana solo pursuits, Nick 13 manages to be retro sounding while still pushing into uncharted musical territory.
Gretsch® honors the left-of-center icon with the all-new Gretsch G5230T Nick 13 Signature Electromatic® Tiger Jet™ with Bigsby®.
For nearly 70 years, the Gretsch Jet has been the hallmark sound for iconic players. Nick 13 puts his own stylistic spin on the classic instrument with dark and moody design elements including a sleek Black finish, white binding, oxblood pickguard with TigerBat logo and matching truss rod cover with his signature, cream pickup inserts, chrome hardware and distinctive pearloid TigerBat inlays.
Black Top Filter'Tron pickups amplify and accentuate the Jet's chambered mahogany body and maple top to produce a wide, balanced and transparent tone. Together, the body and pickups thunder with full, responsive lows and mids with a high end that sparkles without spikes.
A complement of individual pickup volume controls, master tone and master volume with treble bleed circuit provides intuitive control over pickup and tone settings.
This unique signature instrument also features a lower set mahogany neck for effortless access and performance, 12”-radius laurel fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, Bigsby® B50 vibrato tailpiece and anchored Adjusto-Matic™ bridge.
• Body: Mahogany
• Body Finish: Gloss
• Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
• Body Binding: White with B/W Purfling
• Body Shape: Jet™
• Body Back: Mahogany
• Control Knobs: G-Arrow
• Fingerboard: Laurel
• Hardware Finish: Chrome
• Pickguard: Oxblood Plexi with Cream Gretsch® Logo and TigerBat Graphic
• Position Inlays: Pearloid TigerBat
• Neck Finish: Gloss
• Neck Construction: Set-Neck
• Neck Pickup: Black Top Filter'Tron™
• Side Dots: Black
•Headstock Binding: White
• Waist: 8.5" (216 mm)
• Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Bigsby® B50
• Orientation: Right-Hand
• Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
• Bracing: Chambered
• Upper Bout: 10.25" (260 mm)
• Lower Bout: 13.375" (340 mm)
• String Nut: Synthetic Bone
• Bridge Pickup: Black Top Filter'Tron™
• Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
• Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
• Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
• Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
• Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
• Case/Gig Bag: Optional G6238FT Gretsch® Flat Top Solid Body Hardshell (p/n 099-6474-000); Optional G2164 Gretsch® Solid Body Gig Bag (p/n 099-6460-000)
• Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
• Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
• Neck Material: Mahogany
• Refinement Neck Material: Mahogany
• Neck Shape: Thin "U"
• Number of Frets: 22
• Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
• Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
• Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
• Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone