With innovation at its core, the Gretsch G9221 Bobtail Steel Round-Neck A.E. will impress your audience with its sweet quality of tone at cutting volumes.
Incorporating a special combination of an all-steel body with our renowned Gretsch Ampli-Sonic™ "Spider" cone diaphragm spun from 99 percent pure aluminum, the Bobtail Steel offers a new tonal signature for your musical creations. Other features include a round mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, Grover® Sta-Tite™ machine heads and Fishman® Nashville pickup. Optional G2180 Resonator Gig Bag (#996-481-000).
• Body: Steel
• Body Finish: Weathered "Pump House Roof"
• Body Shape: Resonator
• Fingerboard: Padauk
• Hardware Finish: Chrome
• Pickguard: None
• Position Inlays: White Dot
• Neck Finish: Open-Pore Semi-Gloss Urethane
• Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Weathered Trapeze Tailpiece
• Orientation: Right-Hand
• String Nut: Bone
• Bridge: Spider - Fishman® Nashville
• Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Open Back
• Strings: D'Addario® EJ16 Phosphor Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauges)
• Case/Gig Bag: Optional G6296 Gretsch® Round Neck Resonator Hardshell (p/n 099-6495-000); Optional G2180 Gig Bag (p/n 099-6481-000)
• Recommended Case: Optional: 099-6481-000 Gig Bag; 099-6494-000 Hardshell Case
• Neck Material: Mahogany
• Number of Frets: 19
• Nut Material: Bone
• Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
• Scale Length: 25" (635 mm)
• Controls: NA