A true workhorse for perfectionists featuring an ultra-clean FET condenser microphone and a superb tube microphone in a single housing.
The LCT 940 is a premium large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone, a superb tube microphone and everything in between in a single housing. Mix the two sound characteristics and find your sweet spot – warmth and crispness are mixable at any possible ratio. Precision-engineered in Austria, LEWITT’s LCT 940 does not keep up with boutique mics ten times its price; it excels them.
The ultimate workhorse
The LCT 940 is a must-have for recording professionals who strive for nothing less than perfection. Its ability to blend FET-precision and TUBE-warmth make this microphone the ultimate tool for any perfectionist looking for the right tone.
Remote control unit with illuminated user interface
Use the blend control to find your perfect mix of rich tube warmth and absolute FET precision. Quickly set polar pattern, pre-attenuation and low-cut – directly from your desk.
The LCT 940 excels in a variety of recording applications and stands for unrivaled performance in the studio. Its huge range from detailed, clean FET sound all the way to the rich harmonics of a tube mic brings the freedom of shaping and fine-tuning your sound.
Precision taken to a whole new level
Perfect sound reproduction is based on a well-built fundament. Only solid premium components are used to guarantee the best possible user experience. The precision engineered dual-diaphragm 1" capsule captures every nuance of your performance thanks to its 3-micron-thin, gold-layered, low-mass diaphragms. For the vintage warm tube circuit only selected dual triode 12AX7s come into use. The microphone’s full metal body and brushed aluminum housing of the remote control unit promise longevity and sturdiness. A military-grade protective case will securely protect your LCT 940 wherever you go.
The LCT 940 provides 9 polar patterns: omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8 and four intermediate patterns.
Adapt to every situation Low-cut: linear, 40 Hz (12 dB/oct), 150 Hz (6 dB/oct), 300 Hz (6 dB/oct)
Attenuation: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB
- • Large-diaphragm condenser microphone for perfectionists
- • Shape your sound by blending two independent circuits, FET // Tube.
- • 1” true condenser capsule
- • Polar pattern: Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8 and four intermediate patterns
- • Frequency range: 20 ... 20,000 Hz
- • Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa, -33 dBV/Pa
- • Self-noise (FET): 8 dB (A)
- • Self-noise (Tube): 12 dB (A)
- • Max. SPL for 0.5% THD (FET): 143 dBSPL
- • Max. SPL for 0.5% THD (Tube): 140 dBSPL
- • Dynamic range (FET): 135 dB (A)
- • Dynamic range (Tube): 128 dB (A) • Low-cut: linear, 40 Hz (12 dB/oct), 150 Hz (6 dB/oct), 300 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- • Pre-attenuation: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB
- • Incl. shock mount, windscreen, military-grade protective case
Dimensions and weight
- • Weight: 662 g, 23.3 oz
- • Dimensions: 192 x 60 x 46 mm, 7.5 x 2.4 x 1.8 in
What is in the box
- • LEWITT LCT 940
- • Power supply - LCT 940 PSU
- • LCT 40 Tr - 11-pin cable (5 m, 17 ft)
- • LCT 40 Wxx - Windscreen
- • LCT 40 SHxx - Shock mount
- • DTP 40 Lb - Cushioned mic bag
- • LCT Cxx - Military-grade protective case