Building on the tradition of warm and punchy analogue-style synth sounds, conceived by legendary synthesisers from the past, COBALT8 unlocks the full creative potential of analogue waveforms. This powerful, inspiring instrument reinvents the aesthetics of analogue sounds and invites musicians, producers and sound designers to explore a new era of virtual-analogue synthesiser textures, far beyond the limits of its analogue forefathers.
On top of the innovative oscillator engine of COBALT8, we added a new morphable 4-Pole Ladder Filter. Combined with Modal’s unparalleled modulation options, an inspiring real-time / step sequencer, the energising arpeggiator, the Premium FATAR 37-note keyboard, MPE, studio-quality effects and MODALapp integration, COBALT8 is the perfect synth for everyone who wants a versatile electronic music instrument to play vintage synth sounds and is eager to enter new sound dimensions.
Eight true polyphonic voices tempt players to lay out wide string or rich synth pad chords, while a monophonic bass or lead patch, played with 64 oscillators can shake the walls of every stadium. And with the avant-garde sound forming features, every synth enthusiast can refine his performance with sounds that no other synthesiser is able to generate.
- 8-Voice polyphonic
- Velocity sensitive 37 key keyboard with aftertouch (Fatar TP9 / S)
- 24 Buttons
- Lockable four-axis joystick
- OLED display
- Glide / Portamento (Legato and Staccato mode) as well as Mono, Poly, Unison (2, 4 and 8) and Stack (2 and 4) keyboard modes
- 4-Pole morphable ladder filter with cutoff, res (resonance) and morph controls
- 2 Independent oscillator groups with up to 4 oscillators each
- 34 Algorithms like sync, ring modulation, waveform morphing and more
- Step sequencer
- 3 Independent DSP effects (FX1, FX2 and FX3): Chorus, Flanger, LoFi, Ping-Pong Delay, Phaser, Reverb, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Tremolo and X-Over Delay
- 300 Factory programs - a total of 500 presets can be saved
- MODALapp compatible
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 555 x 100 x 300 mm
- Suitable case: Art.510447 (not included)
- 2 Line outputs: 6.3 mm jack
- Stereo headphone output: 6.3 mm jack
- AUX input: 3.5 mm mini jack
- Expression and sustain pedal connection: 6.3 mm jack
- Clock Sync input and output: 3.5 mm mini jack (Teenage Engineering / Korg specification)
- MIDI input and output