The B1on offers 100 bass effects, including a variety of distortion, compression, modulation, delay, reverb and amp models. The B1Xon offers 5 additional pedal-controlled effects.
Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together any way you like. In addition, there are 68 built-in rhythm accompaniment patterns, and you can connect headphones to the output jack (as well as portable music players to the auxiliary input jack) for silent practice sessions. An onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard bass tunings, and a Looper feature enables you to record up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio. Loop length can be set either manually or to a preset number of quarter notes, and you can loop to any rhythm pattern, with automatic quantization that ensures seamless start and end times.
Programming is simple and straightforward, thanks to a streamlined user interface and the large backlit LCD screen. Advanced editing features such as Swap, Auto-Save and Pre-Select make it easy to organize your patches for live performance and allow you to scroll through patches silently while keeping the current patch operational. In addition, the B1Xon's built-in expression pedal enables you to control input level, output level, or any selected effect parameter in real time.
Dozens of different ways
to make you a bass hero
Both the B1on and the B1Xon allow you to choose from 100 different onboard DSP effects. (The B1Xon offers 5 additional pedal-controlled effects.)
These include compressors, noise gates, filters, equalizers and octave dividers, as well as boosters, overdrives, fuzzes, phasers and flangers, plus chorus, pitch shift, tremolo, vibrato, a sub-octave generator and an intelligent bass synthesizer that plays along in key—even a DeFret effect that changes the tone of a fretted bass into that of a fretless. There are simulations of both classic and modern pedals such as the Aphex Punch Factory, MXR DynaComp, dbx 160A, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Moog MF-101 and Z. Vex Seek-Wah, as well as the Xotic EP Booster and Bass BB Preamp, Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff, SansAmp Bass Driver DI, MXR Bass D.I.+, Avalon Design U5, plus the ADA Flanger, tc Electronic Corona Tri-Chorus and BOSS ODB-3, DS-1 and Metal Zone. Original effects include Zoom's Noise Reduction (ZNR) algorithm, a bass frequency-specific Auto-Wah and a "talking" modulator. You'll also find more than a dozen delays and natural-sounding reverbs here, including rooms, halls, plates and an emulation of the Line6 M9 Particle Verb.
The dozen amp models include emulations of classic tube amplifiers like the Ampeg SVT, Ampeg B-15, Fender Bassman, Marshall Super Bass, Polytone Mini-Brute III and acoustic 360, as well as the contemporary sounds of the Hartke HA3500, SWR SM-900, Aguilar DB750, Gallien-Krueger 800RB, Eden WT-800 and Italian Markbass Little Mark III, each with its own distinct cabinet modeling that can be used to further alter the tonal quality. What's more, you can pair any amp model to any cabinet model for unusual, and often striking, effects.
B1on/B1xon Features at a glance
• 100 effects, including distortion, compression, modulation, delay and reverb (B1Xon adds 5 pedal-controlled effects)
• Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
• 100 memory locations (10 banks of 10) for the storage of user-created patches
• Swap function makes patch organization a breeze
• Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
• Pre Select function allows silent patch selection while keeping the current patch operational
• Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard bass tunings
• Looper feature for the recording of up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
• 68 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
• Standard 1/4" input jack accepts standard cable (both active and passive instruments supported)
• 1/8" auxiliary input jack for connection of personal music players
• Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
• Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
• Lightweight and small enough to fit in your gig bag
• Easily integrated into any existing pedalboard
• Runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 20 hours
• USB port for power and firmware updates
• Optional AC adapter
• B1Xon model adds a built-in expression pedal for control over input level, output level, or any selected effect parameter