Ian Hill has been holding down the low-end for the legendary Judas Priest for 50 years. To celebrate 50 years of uncompromising metal anthems, Ian’s signature bass now features updated specifications. His name is synonymous with classic heavy metal and his signature Spector is carefully crafted to provide his legendary tone to all bassists.
The Euro4 Ian Hill is reminiscent of an 80’s era Spector with solid Maple body wings, a 3-piece maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard with a custom Judas Priest 50th anniversary inlay, premium electronics and gold hardware. The neck profile on the Euro4 Ian Hill has been carefully tapered to Ian’s specifications, resulting in a slimmer shape that’s sleek and comfortable. When it comes to reproducing the countless classic tones in the Judas Priest catalog, Ian relies on a single EMG P pickups and a proprietary Spector TonePump active tone circuit.
- Body Wood: Solid USA Maple
- Neck Wood: Tapered 3-piece Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Mother of pearl crowns
- Nut: Zinc/brass alloy
- Nut width: 1.64”
- Scale: 34” Pickups, Hardware & Finish
- Controls: Bridge Volume, Neck Volume, Bass Boost, Treble Boost
- Neck: EMG P |
- Bridge: EMG J (SJ size)
- Preamp System: Spector TonePump
- Hardware: Gold
- Bridge: Spector Zinc/Brass Alloy